Course: Studies in Feminist Theology: The Feminist issues in Luke-Acts
Professor: Dr. Lehti`
Student: Mr. Philip Yim Kwok Hung
Program: M. Th. (Part-time)
Article: Evaluating the significance of Mary Magdalene in the Luke-Acts: in comparing with the other Gospels
Seim, Turid Karlsen. The Double Message: Patterns of Gender in Luke-Acts.
(Edinburgh: T & T Clark, 1994).
Corley, Kathleen E. Private Women, Public Meals: Social Conflict in the Synoptic Tradition. (Peabody: Hendrickson, 1993).
A. The Background of Mary Magdalene
1. Women’s roles reflected in meals in the Gospels
2. Her town: Magdalene (ABD)
3. Her identity: Support Jesus?
B. Mary Magdalene in Luke and other Gospels
1. Occurrence in the Synoptics (Concordance)
2. The problematic texts (textual problems)
3. The special Events: the Crucifixation and the Resurrection Witness
C. The Proposition: The Power Struggle and Androcentricism